With that as our decadent past, full of calories...but one has to die of something, right? today I decided to bake some Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes. No frosting because my wife then can't take them as lunch to work. I also did some Chocolate-nutt cookies (posted in my other blog -Spanish- here ). Eventually I will post it here...but not today. Today we are baking some cupcakes!
If you are faint of heart...don't even try them.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Makes: 12 cupcakes
1/3 Cup Butter room temperature
1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs, room temperature, beaten
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
2 Cups of Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt Kosher
2 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Milk, room temperature
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (semi sweet)
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F
2. Beat butter until soft and blend with one cup of brown sugar until incorporated and soft.
3. Add the peanut butter and the two eggs and mix until incorporated
4. Incorporate the 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the vanilla until light and fluffy
5. Sift flour and add the salt and the baking powder. Incorporate into the mixture
6. Finally add the milk and mix until you get an even mix -not solid but not liquid-
7. Fold the chopped chocolate chips
8. Pour into a lined 12 cup muffin pan.
9. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops look a bit golden
10. Allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes, then