Roasted Peanut Baked Salmon in White Sauce
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes Makes 4 servings
1/4 Cup of Butter
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Cup of a Mix of Salty Roasted Peanuts
2 Cloves of minced garlic
1/4 Fresh Lemon Grass -chopped-
4 8 oz. salmon fillets
1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1/3 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tbs Chopped Fresh Basil
1 Tbs Chopped Fresh Lemon Grass
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Tbs Good Quality Vodka
1 Tbs Corn Starch
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a baking dish
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and stir in lemon juice, bread crumbs, peanuts and, at the end the garlic. Stir frequently until peanuts and crumbs are golden. I use a salted nut mix: walnuts, pecans, peanuts, almonds, etc.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the basil and the lemon grass and mix it up a little. Reserve
4. Clean the salmon fillets (I use Coho Salmon or Spring Salmon) and lightly salt them. Coat each fillet with the bread crumb-peanut mixture until you get a thick layer.
5. Place the salmon fillets in the baking dish and add the rest of the bread crumb mix on top of the salmon, evenly distributed.
Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (until done). Mine take 20 minutes. You know when the salmon is ready when you insert a fork and you move it a bit and you see salmon flakes...
Meanwhile the salmon is baking, we are going to prepare the sauce:
In a sauce pan, mix the heavy cream and the yogurt in low heat. Once incorporated, add the lemon grass, the lemon juice and the basil and keep stirring.
Add the corn starch little by little (to avoid lumps) and stir with passion. If you see any lumps, dissolve them. Stir until thickens and, at the last minute, add the vodka. Reserve.
Once the salmon is ready, remove from the oven and serve. Top it with the cream sauce and...
I love this recipe and you can change the fish for others like halibut -which I did yesterday-. I usually eat it with a nice red wine, some fresh baked bread and a nice home grown chard and beet leaf salad with a tequila lime vinaigrette. It is absolutely amazing and delicate.