I know that many people would snob this kind of recipe and I gave it a lot of thought before posting but, after days of considerations I decided that I couldn't care less if other people looks down this kind of every day cookies. Many times easy is the way to go and the cookies are actually quite nice. If you want more elaborate recipes just look in other recipes in the blog...they are there.
So while it hails outside I eat cookies and blog. This is the life...
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes Makes 30 servings
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Cups Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/8 Tsp Salt
1 3 oz Jell-O (any flavor), divided
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a mixer combine the butter with the sugar until light colored and fluffy.
2.While the butter is getting mixed, combine the dry ingredients, except for the Jell-O
3. Add the egg to the butter mix and once incorporated add the vanilla and the first part (3/4 of the box) of the Jell-O
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until you get a Play dough consistency.
5. Shape into one inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on baking sheets (use parchment paper if necessary). Flatten with the bottom of a glass and sprinkle with the remaining Jell-O
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown color shows. Remove and place to cool in a cookie rack.
7. Enjoy !